We are almost fully booked for the 2019 Fall tours. We have the following dates open for 60 or 90 minute morning tours: 9/25 and 9/30. Tours are also available in the afternoon.
Cullipher Farm offers educational field trips throughout the year. We are now scheduling field trips for Spring 2020 for our Strawberry Patch. Be sure to plan your visit early for the best selection of dates, days, and time. For any questions about scheduling a trip to farm, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To reserve a date for your school or group, please complete the Field Trip Registration Online Form.
Dates: April – June (spring) and late September – early November (fall)
Start Times: 10:00AM and 1:00PM ** These times can be adjusted for Kindergarten groups – please note in special accommodations on form **
Location: 772 Princess Anne Road Virginia Beach, VA 23457
- The field trip cost is based on a 60 minute tour at $5 per student (PreK – Kindergarten) or a 90 minute tour at $7.00 per student (1st through 3rd grade).
- Each 60 minute class is allowed 1 chaperone free of charge per 5 (Kindergarten and PreK) students. Each 90 minute class is allowed 1 chaperone free of charge per 10 (1st-3rd grade students).
- The field trip cost for additional adults or siblings will be the same price as students and they will be involved in the same activities.
- Children 2 and under are FREE of charge!! $50 Minimum charge applicable for whole group depending on size.
Payment: After submitting a reservation, the contact person will receive an emailed confirmation which will include an estimate of the amount due as well as date and time secured. When your group arrives, we will adjust the estimate to the actual number of students and chaperones attending the field trip. One designated teacher should collect all students’ fees to be remitted upon arrival. Please note that extra chaperones should pay for themselves at that time as well. We accept local checks, credit cards and cash. Upon request, a receipt marked “Paid” will be emailed after the payment is processed.
General Information ·
- Hayride tour of farm with instructor discussing different aspects of farming and the types of fruits and vegetables we grow on our farm
- U-Pick Patch: students will pick out their own strawberries (spring) or pumpkin (fall) from the field to take home!
- Interactive Educational Lesson/Activities
- If time allows, your group is welcome to stay for snacks and/or lunch in picnic area and enjoy our play area – there is no charge for these activities and is not included in the 60 or 90 minute field trip time.
- We will have restrooms and hand washing stations available to use.
What to Bring
- Check with students about possible allergies
- Be sure students are dressed appropriately for weather on the day of field trip – tennis shoes, comfortable clothing, and sunscreen.
- Sharpie to put names on students quarts or pumpkins
- Water Bottles/Drinks and Lunch/Snack
- Baby wipes/hand sanitizer
- First Aid Kit
- Payment for field trip
Inclement Weather If rain is predicted, you have a couple of options.
- We recommend waiting until the morning of the field trip to make a decision about whether to cancel and reschedule.
- You can call us (as early as 7:00am) to cancel or reschedule.
- If we feel that it would be best not to do the field trip due to weather conditions, we will contact you as soon as possible.
- For non-weather related events, we would like a week’s notice to reschedule.
Make sure the time, date, and location of your field trip is clearly
communicated to all teachers, bus drivers, and parents!!